Subject Re: executescript
From Boris Borzic <bb> <Boris Borzic <bb>>
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2018 13:55:48 +0200
Newsgroups sqlexpress

Osvaldo Ramirez <ramirezosvaldo@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:i8xizjt6wk8ashf.130720182358@daz17:

> 1.- Is there a max of commands  or lines inside of the script ?
> ( I have one Txt with 9000 lines )
>
> 2.- The script is execute on the server side, but Is it executed line by
> line ? or it is execute the whole script ?, Do I need add some parameter
> to execute in one way or another  ?

The script is devided into sections followed by 'GO' command. Each section
is executed in sequence from top to bottom.

The script can ge very long, but each section (seperated by GO, must be
less than 64k bytes).

> 3.- What is the correct form of an script text ?

If it executes in the DB management studio, then it should work.

--
Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools

Recent messages in this thread

-# executescript Osvaldo Ramirez 13-Jul-2018 05:58 pm
.\# Re: executescript (Current message) Boris Borzic <bb> 14-Jul-2018 07:55 am