Subject Re: Spanish characters
From Boris Borzic <bb> <Boris Borzic <bb>>
Date Fri, 9 Aug 2019 13:36:59 +0200
Newsgroups xb2net

John Linares <> wrote in news:c7c1n57jrxklclp.090820190047@daz17:

> When the user types spanish characters like ǭǸǧ' in a form ,
> then when I read the form to save the data I receive very different
> charactacters,  why is that? or how can I fix it? By the way the form
> has already been set utf8 and the ajax function too.

Xbase++ can't handle utf8 directly. You can use a the xbCPConvert()
function to convert between codepages.

There are also functions ConvToOemCP() and ConvToAnsiCP() functions in
Xbase++ however they do not handle UTF8.

--
Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools

Recent messages in this thread

-# Spanish characters John Linares <> 08-Aug-2019 06:47 pm
.\# Re: Spanish characters (Current message) Boris Borzic <bb> 09-Aug-2019 07:36 am