Subject Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files
From Boris Borzic <bb> <Boris Borzic <bb>>
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2019 09:55:03 -0400
Newsgroups xb2net

First of all, rest assured that there is no memory leak within the
Xb2.NET library (at least not any that I'm aware of). My own HTTP server
which has been running for several months since last restart, sits
around 30 MB with a peak of 43 MB. Mem usage will grow after server is
started as worker threads are dynamically initialized, but it will
stabilize after some time.

if you see 550 mb usage, then I would say this is not normal and I
suggest you look through your code to see how you process custom
requests, especially those involving very large files.

--
Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools

hank hoving <> wrote in news:wuy5umujfhhxnbq.211020190405@BACKUP:

> In webserve.exe is a function called view.
> starting from
> res1.html = 29 mb
> res2.html = 30 mb
> the taskmanager show mem usage 5 mb
>
> senario 1
> When I get a file by <domain>/view?res1.html
> in de taskmanager I see the memory has grown with 29mb so mem usage is
> 34mb Then I get the next file by <domain>/view?res2.html
> in de taskmanager I see the memory has grown with 30mb so mem usage is
> 64mb
>
> senario 2
> restart webserve.exe
> first get res2.html
> memory + 30mb mem usage is 35mb
> then get res1.html
> memory + 0 mem usage is 35
>

> In my program I must deliver a xml-file every 5 min.
> In the afternoon this xml is about 10mb and after midnight this xml
> has grown to 30 mb. So you understand I was startled when after a
> couple of hours I saw a mem usage of 550.
>
> Can you explain this for me.
> Now when I start the server, first I load a file of 35 mb and the
> mem-usage keeps on about 40mb

Recent messages in this thread

-# Memory growing with reading ever larger files hank hoving <> 21-Oct-2019 04:05 am
.-# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files (Current message) Boris Borzic <bb> 21-Oct-2019 09:55 am
..-# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files hank hoving <> 21-Oct-2019 10:03 am
...-# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files hank hoving <> 21-Oct-2019 10:06 am
....\# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files Boris Borzic <bb> 21-Oct-2019 04:58 pm