Subject Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files
From hank hoving <> <hank hoving <>>
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2019 15:03:03 +0100
Newsgroups xb2net

Boris

Thank you for your answer

The program I am talking about with the senorario's  is your demo program.
Please can you explain me this phenomenon

Hank

Boris Borzic <bb> Wrote:

> First of all, rest assured that there is no memory leak within the
> Xb2.NET library (at least not any that I'm aware of). My own HTTP server
> which has been running for several months since last restart, sits
> around 30 MB with a peak of 43 MB. Mem usage will grow after server is
> started as worker threads are dynamically initialized, but it will
> stabilize after some time.
>
> if you see 550 mb usage, then I would say this is not normal and I
> suggest you look through your code to see how you process custom
> requests, especially those involving very large files.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Boris Borzic
>
> http://xb2.net
> http://sqlexpress.net
> industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
>
> hank hoving <> wrote in news:wuy5umujfhhxnbq.211020190405@BACKUP:
>
> > In webserve.exe is a function called view.
> > starting from
> > res1.html = 29 mb
> > res2.html = 30 mb
> > the taskmanager show mem usage 5 mb
> >
> > senario 1
> > When I get a file by <domain>/view?res1.html
> > in de taskmanager I see the memory has grown with 29mb so mem usage is
> > 34mb Then I get the next file by <domain>/view?res2.html
> > in de taskmanager I see the memory has grown with 30mb so mem usage is
> > 64mb
> >
> > senario 2
> > restart webserve.exe
> > first get res2.html
> > memory + 30mb mem usage is 35mb
> > then get res1.html
> > memory + 0 mem usage is 35
> >

> > In my program I must deliver a xml-file every 5 min.
> > In the afternoon this xml is about 10mb and after midnight this xml
> > has grown to 30 mb. So you understand I was startled when after a
> > couple of hours I saw a mem usage of 550.
> >
> > Can you explain this for me.
> > Now when I start the server, first I load a file of 35 mb and the
> > mem-usage keeps on about 40mb

Recent messages in this thread

-# Memory growing with reading ever larger files hank hoving <> 21-Oct-2019 04:05 am
.-# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files Boris Borzic <bb> 21-Oct-2019 09:55 am
..-# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files (Current message) hank hoving <> 21-Oct-2019 10:03 am
...-# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files hank hoving <> 21-Oct-2019 10:06 am
....\# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files Boris Borzic <bb> 21-Oct-2019 04:58 pm