Subject Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files
From hank hoving <> <hank hoving <>>
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2019 15:06:52 +0100
Newsgroups xb2net

Boris

I am xbase2.0 and xb2net3.7

Hank

hank hoving <> Wrote:

> Boris
>
> Thank you for your answer
>
> The program I am talking about with the senorario's  is your demo program.
> Please can you explain me this phenomenon
>
> Hank
>

> Boris Borzic <bb> Wrote:
>
> > First of all, rest assured that there is no memory leak within the
> > Xb2.NET library (at least not any that I'm aware of). My own HTTP server
> > which has been running for several months since last restart, sits
> > around 30 MB with a peak of 43 MB. Mem usage will grow after server is
> > started as worker threads are dynamically initialized, but it will
> > stabilize after some time.
> >
> > if you see 550 mb usage, then I would say this is not normal and I
> > suggest you look through your code to see how you process custom
> > requests, especially those involving very large files.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Boris Borzic
> >
> > http://xb2.net
> > http://sqlexpress.net
> > industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
> >
> > hank hoving <> wrote in news:wuy5umujfhhxnbq.211020190405@BACKUP:
> >
> > > In webserve.exe is a function called view.
> > > starting from
> > > res1.html = 29 mb
> > > res2.html = 30 mb
> > > the taskmanager show mem usage 5 mb
> > >
> > > senario 1
> > > When I get a file by <domain>/view?res1.html
> > > in de taskmanager I see the memory has grown with 29mb so mem usage is
> > > 34mb Then I get the next file by <domain>/view?res2.html
> > > in de taskmanager I see the memory has grown with 30mb so mem usage is
> > > 64mb
> > >
> > > senario 2
> > > restart webserve.exe
> > > first get res2.html
> > > memory + 30mb mem usage is 35mb
> > > then get res1.html
> > > memory + 0 mem usage is 35
> > >

> > > In my program I must deliver a xml-file every 5 min.
> > > In the afternoon this xml is about 10mb and after midnight this xml
> > > has grown to 30 mb. So you understand I was startled when after a
> > > couple of hours I saw a mem usage of 550.
> > >
> > > Can you explain this for me.
> > > Now when I start the server, first I load a file of 35 mb and the
> > > mem-usage keeps on about 40mb

Recent messages in this thread

-# Memory growing with reading ever larger files hank hoving <> 21-Oct-2019 04:05 am
.-# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files Boris Borzic <bb> 21-Oct-2019 09:55 am
..-# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files hank hoving <> 21-Oct-2019 10:03 am
...-# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files (Current message) hank hoving <> 21-Oct-2019 10:06 am
....\# Re: Memory growing with reading ever larger files Boris Borzic <bb> 21-Oct-2019 04:58 pm